Costume boots for the Wizard in The Wiz on Broadway, worn by Carl Hall
- This pair of white ankle-length platform boots are part of a costume worn by Carl Hall as the Wizard in the broadway musical "The Wiz: The Super Soul Musical 'Wonderful Wizard of Oz'" on Broadway. The boots are made from leather that is painted white. They have a rounded toe and a decorative seam along the top of the toe box that extends up the front of the ankle. The boots close at the inner side of each ankle with a metal zipper that has a long shoe string knotted as a pull tab. The wooden platforms are also painted white, with the foot platform measuring 1 1/2 inches and the heel platform measuring 3 inches. Black rubber non-skid soles are adhered to the bottoms of each platform. The word "Wiz" is handwritten in black ink on the bottom of the rubber sole of the foot on both boots. "Hall" is handwritten in purple ink on the arch of the sole of both boots.
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Collection title
- Black Fashion Museum Collection
- ca. 1977
- Object number
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of the Black Fashion Museum founded by Lois K. Alexander-Lane
- Designed by
- Geoffrey Holder, Trinidadian American, 1930 - 2014
- Created by
- Grace Costumes Inc., American, founded 1961
- Worn by
- Carl Hall, American, died 1999
- Subject of
- Black Fashion Museum, American, 1979 - 2007
- African American
- Clothing and dress
- Musical Theatre
- Place used
- New York City, Manhattan, New York, United States, North and Central America
- leather, wood, paint, and metal
- H x W x D (left (a)): 10 1/2 × 3 1/2 × 11 in. (26.7 × 8.9 × 27.9 cm)
- H x W x D (right (b)): 10 1/2 × 3 1/2 × 11 in. (26.7 × 8.9 × 27.9 cm)
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- Record ID
Related Object Groups
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.
- Costume boots for the Wizard in The Wiz on Broadway worn by Carl Hall (Full resolution 3D mesh, obj, scale in m)
- Costume boots for the Wizard in The Wiz on Broadway worn by Carl Hall (Low resolution 3D mesh, obj, scale in m)
- Costume boots for the Wizard in The Wiz on Broadway worn by Carl Hall (Low resolution 3D mesh, gltf, scale in m)
- Costume boots for the Wizard in The Wiz on Broadway worn by Carl Hall (Low resolution 3D mesh, glb, scale in m)