Green wrap hat made by Vanilla Beane
- A green velveteen hat with a layered design made by Vanilla Beane. The hat is circular with a rounded peak and constructed by layering a strip of fabric over itself in a wrapped design. The base of the fabric is a light green while the pile is a darker green, giving the hat a two-tone appearance. The interior is supported by a molded buckram form to which the exterior of the hat has been sewn.
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Object number
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture, Gift of Vanilla Beane
- Created by
- Vanilla Beane, American, born 1919
- African American
- Clothing and dress
- Local and regional
- Place made
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States, North and Central America
- velveteen on buckram
- 5 1/4 × 7 1/4 × 8 1/4 in. (13.3 × 18.4 × 21 cm)
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.